For some people, the magic and wonder of first snowfall never really wears off. For others, each snowflake is a little inconvenience falling from the sky, making shoveling the driveway the ultimate showdown of man versus nature. Whether you love snow or could live without it, we’ve compiled a list of five tips and tricks that will help you win this winter!
- Spray Your Shovel with Non-Stick Cooking Spray. To keep the snow from sticking to your shovel, spray it with non-stick cooking spray or lightly grease it with vegetable oil. This trick is guaranteed to make your shoveling job a little easier.
- Make Your Own Bicycle Snow Tires with Zip-Ties. Do you find your bicycle gets stuck in the snow often and wish you had snow tires? You can make your own! Just fashion zip ties all around your tires—your bicycle will be snow-ready to safely take you where you need to go in no time.
- Prevent an Icy Windshield with Vinegar. Spray a mixture of vinegar and water on your windshield to prevent it from frosting. With this simple hack, you’ll shave time off your morning instead of shaving ice off your car!
- Use Bubble Wrap to Keep the Cold Out. With snow comes chilly weather! Attach a sheet of bubble wrap to your windows for easy insulation. Just cut the bubble wrap to size, spray some water on the window and press the bubble wrap in place with the bubbles facing the glass.
- Put a Cloth Down for Speedy Snow Removal. Drape a cloth over your car’s windshield or your home’s steps when it first starts snowing and just remove it when it’s time to leave the house. You’ll be safely out the door and in the car faster than you can say “shovel”!
With these five tips and tricks, you’ll be more than prepared to brave the cold months ahead! Contact the storage professionals at Secure Self Storage to find the perfect place to safely keep your warm-weather belongings during the snowy season!