There is so much to do around Ontario in the summer, but so little time to do it all! If you’re worried about the summer escaping you, don’t worry: We’ve made a list of five places to add to your summer bucket list.
- Fathom Five National Marine Park. If you are in need of a scenic day trip, visit Fathom Five National Marine Park, located in the Georgian Bay part of Lake Huron. It’s home to dazzlingly blue freshwater ecosystems and beautiful rock formations! You can go hiking, swimming and camping on Flowerpot Island, kayak or canoe around the islands of the park, or catch a glass bottom boat tour and explore popular shipwreck sites.
- Casa Loma. Step back in time and visit Toronto’s grandiose castle, Casa Loma. Freely tour the extravagant rooms as well as the expansive gardens on the homestead of the late, and once very affluent, Sir Henry Pallet. Explore the castle’s secret passageways and peer over balconies and towers for a great view of the city of Toronto.
- Ripley’s Aquarium of Canada. A trip to the aquarium is always fun, no matter what your age. Explore all 10 galleries, which feature species native to Canadian waters as well as the world’s most curious underwater creatures.
- National Gallery of Canada. Not only does this geometric glass building look cool, but it’s full of cool things too! Visit the National Gallery of Canada and admire the breathtaking artwork of Canadian and European artists. With so many exhibitions and galleries, you are guaranteed to be inspired.
- Cobourg Beach. Spend a day at the beach soaking up your fair share of sun and sea breeze! Cobourg Beach is clean, kid-friendly and host to fun events throughout the summer.
Take advantage of all that Ontario has to offer this summer before the colder weather starts to creep in again. Before you know it, you’ll be preparing for fall and will need to make storage room for all your summer gear. Contact the storage professionals at Secure Self Storage and find the perfect place to store all your things until next year.