Summer is finally here! Time to shake off the cold weather, put away your snow gear, and get some much-needed vitamin D! If you followed our guide to winter wonderland fun, you’ll love these six festivals that will make this summer in Toronto your best yet!
- Redpath Waterfront Festival Spend June 22–24 enjoying free entertainment and events set against waterfront spanning from Spadina to Lower Sherbourne. Stop by the HTO Pendulum Wave to take a selfie with a custom-built, 22-foot tall and 42-foot wide beach ball installation or enjoy the talents of surfing hula-hoop artists, contortionists, and H2O-themed aerialists. Like what you see? Attend a workshop and learn their tricks! Nautical lovers can watch the HMCS Oriole’s first trip to Lake Ontario in 25 years. There’s also an artisan market and plenty of wine and spirits for visitors over 19. Don’t want to leave your four-pawed friend at home? This festival is (leashed) dog friendly!
- Christie Pits Film Festival Visit Christie Pits Park June 24–August 19 to attend this eighth annual free festival (a $10 donation is appreciated) that highlights films with locations around the globe, like Hairspray, Casablanca, Before Sunrise, and Amélie. Screenings begin at sundown and are accompanied by short films by local filmmakers. Grab a comfy blanket to sit on and enjoy the show!
- Beaches 30th Anniversary Jazz Festival This free festival runs July 6–29 at Woodbine Park. Enjoy the music of performers like Jerry Leger, The Funk Frequency: A Live Tribute to Prince, LAZO, The Community Soul Project, MOKA, The Young Novelists, Jules, and more! Take a break from the music for fun workshops, including a drum clinic, Second City Comedy Improv, and Singers Playground: Master Class. Just make sure to register in advance before they fill up!
- Open Roof Festival This not-for-profit outdoor indie movie and music festival runs all summer, with proceeds going to support Canada’s independent film production and music communities. Enjoy an evening under the stars with friends and your community while you watch new and classic films like Rushmore, Love, Simon, Thoroughbreds, The Green Fog and more with food and drinks from festival partners Toben Food by Design and Amsterdam Brewery.
- Toronto Food Truck Festival Visit Woodbine Park August 3–6 to enjoy fresh, local eats from more than 50 food trucks! From spring rolls, donuts, and burgers to churros, apple fritters, and seafood, there’s something for every palate. Want a side of entertainment with your food? Watch (or join!) live eating challenges.
- Cobourg Sandcastle Festival Going 13 years strong, this Saturday, August 4 festival is fun for the whole family! Think you have what it takes to win the contest? Bring your shovels and pails and create a work of (sand) art at Cobourg Beach. Entry will run you $5 per person, with different time and team member limits for adult-only, family, and under-14 teams, so make sure you check the rules when you register!
Sun’s out, fun’s out in Toronto this summer! When you’re ready to welcome the cooler weather back this fall, make sure you find the right place to store your warm weather gear and clothes. Contact the storage professionals at Secure Self Storage Canada for an affordable and convenient place to keep your summer stuff until next year.